Truth about Diamonds

The Truth About Diamonds - Nicole Richie Okay, I did not expect much from this book. I respect Nicole Richie as a woman; she has gone through a lot but she has stayed strong and now it really seems that she is happy with herself and with her life. But as a writer-- I hope that she herself has also noticed that maybe writing is not her thing.Nicole herself is the narrator of the story. She is a friend of Chloe Parker, who is the "heroine" of the story. Chloe is a 20 something girl who has been adopted by a famous Hollywood couple when she was younger. Chloe has seen and experienced fabulous life, but also the darker side of the fame is familiar to her. She is addicted to drugs ans she always tends to fall in love with the wrong guy.Suddenly all the things start going bad and Chloe realizes she has to get rid of ther drug addiction and she decides to go to rehab.Chloe gets out of rehab, gets a job and even though she faces difficulties in the end everything turns out perfectly. For me that does not seem very real. Chloe also falls in love with DJ Ray, who just seems to be too perfect; loves Chloe even though they really don't know each other that well, does not care about Chloe's drug use etc.Even though Richie is not writing about herself, she tells her own story through Chloe. Richie was adopted by Lionel Richie when she was 9 years old, she got addicted to drugs, went throught rehab and got engaged to DJ called Adam Goldstein. At the end of the book Richie thanks Adam, her own prince. It is pretty ironic to read that because Richie and Goldstein got divorced 9 months after their engagement.Now things are good to Richie. She has been married to Joel Madden for couple of years and they have two children. I think that getting rid of her partycrazy bitchy ex-BBF Paris Hilton did good to her. What comes to her "prince" Adam-- he passed away on August 2009 as a result of "accidental" drug overdose.As a conclusion, I have to say that I agree with Richie about one thing; Diamonds are not as important as the people we get the diamonds from.