The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han I really thought that this book would be one of those books I can just read fast, without any thought (I really need those books to get rid of school stuff at least for a while). I was totally wrong, but also positively suprised about it. Belly is again at the beach house. Everything is the same as during the previous summers, but also different. Belly has grown into a beautiful start of a woman and especially Conrad notices it even though he does not show it. Belly has been in love with Conrad for ages and during the summer she notices that whatever she tries to do, she will keep loving Conrad.It is interesting to read how Belly's crush into Conrad builts into love. Belly, the narrator of the book, goes back into the past in several chapters of the book and gives insight about things that happened on previous summers. I liked the fact that the book was narrated by Belly. The reader gets to know what is going on in her head, how she thinks about herself and how she fights with the feelings towards Conrad. 'The Summer I turned Pretty' is a lot more than just a love story. It is a story about growth, both physically and mentally, friendship, family and traditions. It is a heart warming story about the summer that changes Belly's life.I love summer and since it is really cold and dark here in Finland it was lovely to read this summery book. A sequel to this book will be published in 2010 and I must say that it is one of the books I wait to read the most during the next year.