The Sky Is Everywhere

The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson This is one of those novels I wanted to read because of the fact that some of my favorite book bloggers had hyped about this. I actually went as far as making a request for the local library to order this one in English (I don't know is the going to be a Finnish translation...)Lennie and Bailey. Bailey and Lennie. When Lennie suddenly loses her big sister Bailey her whole world feels like it is crashing down. They have been seen together forever, and Bailey has been the one Lennie has been able to trust in everything. What will Lennie do now when she feels like she has lost a part of herself?Toby. Bailey's boyfriend, who knows something Lennie does not. When Toby and Lennie start to spend time together, they notice that when they are together, they can feel Bailey's presence. But their friendship turns out to be something more when they both, under grief, try to get help for the grieving process. Joe. A new boy in town. An amazing musician who has moved from Paris. Joe's long eyelashes, outlook and musical talent catch Lennie's attention, and as their relationship develops, Lennie notices, that when she is with Joe, she does not feel grief over Bailey.Lennie is between two guys; Toby who feels as she does and Joe, with who she is completely in love with. What happens if Joe finds out about the weird connection between Lennie and Toby?I really liked this novel even though it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I liked Lennie as a character, but at points she just really annoyed me. I don't know how to explain why. If I need to state my favorite character, I would say Joe, since he seems to fill most of the traits of my dream guy. What I really liked about this book was the little notes written my Lennie. Those really told something about Lennie as a character and in that way I was able to get into the story better. As the goodreads synopsis says, if you are a fan of Sarah Dessen, I bet you would like this one as well. "The Sky is Everywhere" is a beautiful and effective debut novel which will leave you thinking about loss, love and second chances.