A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks It is 1958. Landon Carter is a high school senior in a North Carolina town. He is a shallow but well-meaning teenager who spends most of time hanging around with his friends and tries to ignore the responsibilities the forecoming adulthood is bringing to him. When he signs into a Drama Class he thinks that he will survive without any work. Suddenly he notices that he is in the male lead part at the Christmas play and that his opposite actress is the "saint" of the whole town, Jamie Sullivan, daughter of the town's reverend. Against all odds, Landon Carter falls in love with Jamie but quite fastly learns that there is a secret which Jamie has hid from everyone except her father.I saw the movie starring Mandy Moore a while ago and it made my cry. When I saw this book at library I decided to read it. It probably made me cry more than the movie. I was reading it at the bus at morning when I was going to school and suddenly I noticed I was crying. It was pretty hilarious situation.Landon and Jamie are so different and it is great to follow how their relationship develops. Personally, since I am not a very religious person, it was at some parts pretty "hard" to read all those religious parts included in the book. But since the story takes place at 1958 I totally understand the whole concept of religion in Jamie's life etc. because the culture was totally different then. All and all I enjoyed this book a lot and I will try to find something else by Nicholas Sparks to read at some point.