One Hundred Years of Solitude

One Hundred Years of Solitude - When I started to read this book I did not really have any expectations towards it. My Finnish teacher as well as my mother told me that this book will be pretty hard to read. After this reading experience I totally agree with them. There are many factors which make this book hard to read but also many things that in the end you notice and you understand all the happenings.One extremely hard thing in reading this book was following the characters. The members of Buendia family always got the same names and it was really hard to follow all the Aurelio's and Jose Arcadio's and many times I had to go back and see which character is told about at the moment. Also following the characters who leave Macondo and come back was pretty hard.In this book family members have sex together, there are whores, parties and magic. Some parts of this book where extremely funny, some just plain boring. I think that you really must WANT to read this book so you will be able to finish it. I HAD to read this book, we will discuss it in my Finnish class after the break ends.