The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things

The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things - This book was hilarious. To the other people Virginia may seem shy and unconfident, but I think that she is funny just because she understands her "problem" and is able to make fun of it. My body is larger-than-average and when I was younger I felt bad about it next to the thinner bodies of my friends. Now when I've grown older I've understood that I like my body, I love it. It is a part of me and I am proud of it. And just like Virginia says at the end of the book; "If you had a small, puny present and a big, round present, which one would you open first? The big, round one, right? Who ever said smaller is better? NO ONE, that's who!", big things are not bad, they are normally things we want.I loved to read how Virginia builts up her confidence and realizes that she is proud of herself the way she is. She undestands that the most important thing is that she feels good about herself, not that someone else says what she should look like. After Virginia feels good about herself she is ready for new friends and even a new romance.This is the second book I've read this year about a girl struggling with her weight. Pretty Face by Mary Hogan (I have a review about it here)told about girl who also struggled with her weight but in the end realized that she is beautiful just the way she is. I loved the both books and I would love to read more books like them. So if you know any books like that, please leave me a comment. :) Also, if you have read any other books by Mackler I would love to hear what you thought about them. :)