The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - I picked this book up a while ago from the library and I finally at Sunday though that I should start to read it. I finished it the same night and lost my sleep for the night.The story starts from Berlin. Bruno's family has been visited by Adolf Hitler who has given a place to work for Bruno's father at Out-With (Auswitch). 9 year old Bruno does not like the new home. His best friends are in Berlin and the new home feels dull compared to the old home at Berlin. And at the new home he does not have any friend to talk and play with.From the window of his room, Bruno sees people at the distance. These people are wearing all the same striped clothes and they live behind a fence. Since Bruno loves exploring new things, he decides to walk to the fence to see to the other side. At the other side of the fence he sees a small boy and they start to talk. Shamuel is just the same age as Bruno is and they become friends. Bruno cannot understand why a boy just like him is one the other side of the fence and he cannot come out from there. Shamuel tries to explain his world at the other side of the fence while Bruno tells about his life at Berlin and at the new home. The friendship develops and finally ends way too early in a brutal way.Like I said before, this book made me lose my sleep for a one night. When I closed the book for the last time I just couldn't close my eyes and go to sleep, the ending of the book kept running around in my head again and again. This book was so beautifully written. The brutal world of the World War two and the holocaust are described through a eyes of 9 year old boy which gives a totally new perspective to the situation. This book is a must read!