Forbidden (Definitions)

Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma I really do not know how to start this. The description already kind of makes you flinch, question everything and at the same time hurt - the prospect of reading about a relationship between a brother and sister makes you think that they must be some way twisted, but at the same time I expect to find out why they are in love. Maya and Logan have grown up too early - when their father left and moved to Australia with his new family, their mother started to drink, date new guys and eventually Lochan and Maya became the parents for their three younger siblings - they go to school, cook, shop, make sure their siblings are safe - they are responsible for everything. They have to keep up the appearances in order to keep the social services away, but everything gets difficult when Lochan and Maya realize they are in love with each other. Maya is pretty and loving, Lochan handsome and wanted by many girls at the school. But they feel that they can be themselves only when they are together - they have experienced so much together, they have pretty much raised three children together. They have always been more than siblings, but when they both realize they have feelings for each other that are not proper, they of course are scared. They are so completely drawn to each other that eventually the feelings cannot be kept at bay - this is the beginning of a very dangerous, very serious relationship. Lochan and Maya know it is not normal to love your own sibling the way they love each other - they kiss, they hug, they touch each other. It feels good, but at the same time they know it is very wrong. As they spend more and more time together the situation gets more and more serious, eventually resulting in something they never expected. Was it all worth the risk? Is their love worth the hiding and sneaking?I am still gobsmacked by 'Forbidden'. The issues it handles are so realistic and the way the things and feelings are described is so realistic and because of that you really start to feel for these characters - you understand their decisions, their need to spend time together. You even start to understand why they love each other and you keep hoping that they could be together.I have never seen this type of story before - it probably has not been discussed much in YA literature. The subject matter - a sexual relationship- between siblings is not something you generally want to read about. As I said before, this novel is written so BEAUTIFULLY that even though you do not like the subject matter, you probably will not have bad things to say about this novel. Suzuma is really talented writer and I am really looking forward to reading something else by her.As I was going through Goodreads, I noticed that this book is marked as a part of a series. Does anyone know more about this - is there a second book coming?I recommend this novel to pretty much everyone - the story, the characters and the feelings are so realistic, so beautiful and at the same time so heart breaking you will end up in tears.